Saturday, September 29, 2012

Coffee on a rainy Saturday - The Coffee Club

Although it was raining and stormy this morning (which is Saturday), I still had to get up early for a group meeting at Uni...which is sad...but anw, after all the hard work, we (me and my group partner) decided to have a quick lunchtime at The Coffee Club in Macquarie Shopping Center. Just a few steps away from the campus, getting cozy and chit chat away, shouldn't be better!


There weren't too many people when we arrived, although it was lunch time. I got myself a Cappuccino with a Smoked Salmon & Light Cream Cheese sandwich. The sandwich was quite good, very fresh ingredients with good seasoning. However, the coffee wasn't up to my expectation. It tastes bland, despite its nice presentation.

My friend chose Hot Mocha and one slice of lemon cheesecake. I tried the cake and loved it! The sourness of lemon curd lifted up the creaminess of the cheese. A brilliant choice to have with coffee! However, again, the mocha wasn't that good compared to the cake. It's weird, since I know that The Coffee Club has good food, but since it's named as 'coffee', the coffee should be up to some standard, shouldn't it? And it wasn't cheap...but it might be because of the franchise?!

p.s. we couldn't wait to tuck into the food, so sorry for not taking photos of them this time. But they taste good, seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment