Monday, September 17, 2012

Food For Thought


Thought of the day for food....

I battle what I feel to be an ever-ending war between my mind and stomach about wanting certain foods, that are not particularly the best to have, especially late night studying for university exams!

I found this table which has proven to be rather trust-worthy (based on social experiment on myself of course) and interesting. Where our minds have such an awareness of foods, but however the chemicals it requires are depicted to the brain in what seems to be the most unhealthiest manner, even when there are plenty of other alternatives. 

It was not until this year, after leaving school last year, that I have really had a conscious awareness of foods and appreciated them a little bit more, especially the good foods (or junk) that have had to be cut out of my diet.

I find this table as rather an alternative to the saying that you are what you eat, because you are essentially fooling your mind into thinking it is consuming for example a salt saturated heavy food such as chips, when you are just eating a nice piece of fish.

An interesting read and definitely something to keep in mind when next hungry and ready to binge!

"https://twitter.com/Thyme_forfood" OR @Thyme_forfood

No comments:

Post a Comment