Tuesday, September 18, 2012

N2 Extreme Gelato - Stressed backwards is Desserts!!!

Last night, I went to the city with my friends for a catch-up dinner. After having some Thai food at Central, we decided to walk to Darling Harbour for some coffee - nice work out after dinner!

And fortunately, we ran into this little ice-cream store called N2 Extreme Gelato (Chinatown, Sydney CBD). I have been seeing a lot of my friends been at N2 and actually became a fan on their Facebook official page (lolz)...We didn't have any intention to get some ice-cream (since we were about to have some coffee)...However, I was just so excited and couldn't let this perfect chance go by. So were the other girls - seriously, who can deny a scoop of ice-cream for dessert?!



The front cabinet caught my eyes with full of oversized science-lab flasks with flavours and colors



The little shop was packed with excited customers (just like us) watching every movement of those 'scientists' through the glass display walls. And it doesn't look like a normal ice-cream  store (in a positive way)! Fog is everywhere and the creation of those goodies is like making magic! Dry ice and maybe...liquid Nitrogen (I'm trying to be a geek here lolz but this's what I heard from Masterchef) are used to make yummy ice-cream from fresh ingredients. You will have to wait quite a while but it's totally worth it! And you might not even notice since there are so many cool things happening around the store (I was so busy watching those 'scientists' lolz)...



Candy coloured KitchenAids, waffle cones, lab flasks, paper cups and cool 'liquid Nitrogen fog'!!!
We came around 9pm. Some of the flavors were sold out (but I'll definitely come back to try next time because I really want to try the 'cough syrup' flavor). They have Butter Popcorn, Berry Blue, Coconut & Tea and Earl Grey Caramel just to name some.

Creative blackboard Menu - $6/scoop 

I got 1 scoop of Earl Grey Caramel served with waffle cup while my friends got Butter Popcorn and smoothies. I didn't try those but they gave a lot of compliments. After 2 minutes of waiting or so, my Earl Grey Caramel came out, looking fresh! The ice-cream gives me a real taste of tea (Earl Grey's tea, fair enough!). Not too strong. Overwhelmingly fresh and a hint of French Earl Grey tea. Just so sensational! And the ice-cream is really smooth, soft, creamy and silky. It is so big that you really don't need two scoops. But you have to lick it fast since it melts quickly!

Earl Grey Caramel on waffle cup 
$6 for one scoop of ice-cream! Kinda expensive, but it's freshly made, and totally worthy as a whole experience


Address: Lot 43, 1 Dixon Street, Sydney, NSW (upper end of Dixon Street)
Opening hours: 14:00-23:00













No comments:

Post a Comment